Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Trick or treat parade October 30th

I spend a lot of time blogging about Chinatown on my other Blog. But I really love the neighborhood I live in. JP. I didn't even really know of it's existence till I moved in here. Yeah I had been to the pond with Red Oak once. But a field trip might as well be a trip into another world. Just look at this view. I took this picture biking down the street.

The Connolly Branch Library had a little parade, trick or treat event. Starting at 3:30


We left a little later than that.

I thought we were late, but actually there was a whole event at the Library, food, crafts everything. It was awesome. There was a band too. We followed them down Center Street (The Jackson Square side.)



We ended up over by Hyde Square Task force. 

I guess this is bobbing for donuts. Reminds me of gallows for hanging witches. In fact the kids stood up on the bales of hay and then tried to eat the doughnut. By this time the kids had eaten way too many lollipops. I'm considering not even letting them bring trick or treat containers next year and only allowing them to march in the parade, no candy. Dai Dai got sick from eating like 3 lollipops. Of course I threw some of them out before he finished... but still.

I had to buy another pumpikin because the one I carved last week rotted and was squished by Shao. The two small ones on the steps were from the library. The one he is holding was the one we grew. 

Dai Dai passed out while we watched Back to the Future. I promised we would watch part 2 today, but now suddenly I have to pay. Instead we are watching Song of the Sea, which is a great Halloween movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment