Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, October 9, 2015

A morning of brotherly love

"I need my shield." Whined shao, naked except for a towel. Refusing to get dressed after his bath until he found the plastic plate with Mommy's hair band (aka the warrior band) that he had dubbed his shield.
"I'll find it Shao!" said Dai Dai.
And hour later, during story time and lights out, Shoa was still refusing.
"Look, we have to sleep now. It's somewhere here. We'll find it tomorrow. If not, it's a plastic plate. We'll make another one.

I drugged them, and myself with melatonin and we went to sleep.
(a pharmacist told me I need to cycle this natural remedy. We did on the weekend. It was not fun. But perhaps it did work better after not having taken it for a few days.)

Then in the morning. early morning, before sunrise, Shao awoke.

"I'm all wet. I don't know why because I didn't pee the bed."

"Actually, you did and my shirt is all wet too."

"Baba! you have to wash me right now! It's all your fault because you didn't take me to the bathroooom!"

"Dude don't yell at me because you wet the bed."

Anyway, Grace washed Noah and he huddled up into a ball in his towel. Dai Dai stayed asleep until sunrise when he started frantically galloping around.

"Go Pee!" said Mommy.

"No! I have to find Shao's shield!"

"Baba! Get Dai Dai, he's trying to find Shaos shielf without taking care of his own needs... just like you."

I tackled him and brought him over to the toilet. I had some adult conversation with Grace which we are not allowed to do at night. "Shhhh Stop talking right now" Dai Dai will say, "I can't sleep because you are talking."

Then Lo and behold. Dai Dai DID find Shao's shield!

Like some relic found on a quest, a piece of the true cross, or excalibur, it was played with... and then cast aside.

But I did get to see some brotherly love reciprocated. Running to school Dai Dai tripped. It was actually not Shao's fault this time. I walked on, because he can get up himself.
But he wouldn't without Shao's help. Not so much physical help and talking him through it.

"Okay no move to a squat position." Noah directed as Jonah followed instructions as if this is what he requeired, "And now slowly get up."

And Dai Dai did. Then they ran to school together.

It was nice to have the brotherly love this morning instead of sibling rivalry for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment