Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Rabbit Sign

Monday morning (October 5) on the way to school I saw a giant rabbit. For regular people a rabbit is a cool thing to see. For me, I take it as a sign. My mother always gave me stiffed rabbits when I was little. In fact my favorite "teddy bear" was a rabbit named Peter. I also watched them at the house in Philly. (real ones) and my mother had a rabbit as a pet when she was a little girl which (her cousin, while taking care of it, decided to cook and eat it.)

Anyway, I take a rabbit a a sign whenever I see it, that whatever I was trying to do or whatever, that my Mother is with me.

I tried to think of what it was that my mother could be with me about.

The day before (Sunday) Grace suggested opening a drug rehab center.
 Even if I fail, it would be a valued life experience. And I would think that my Mother would want me to do this for other reasons as well.

Someone had also joked to me that I should run for CCBA president. Those nightly banquets would keep me away from my children and they are still young. But I should find a way to do something for Chinatown. I am blogging and have decided to submit columns to Sampan. But maybe it is also time to get my feet wet with some other stuff too, as long as it takes place during school hours and I can get back in time to pick up my kids.

I have ideas for Chinatown ten years in the making. And more important than that, there are a million ideas that I don't have that 20 somethings and high school kids, and older people that don't usually get involved in Chinatown have. And I believe I could tap into that by being a bridge between Chinatown Insiders and Chinatown Outsiders.

Later on that night, I learned that Tony Yee passed away. I will take that as a reminder that whatever you want to do, you better not put it off because you might run out of time.

So these silly thoughts or ideas are things I better act on.

There was one more idea that the rabbit could have meant. I am working on a Chapter of Kung Fu and Cooking. It was going in the wrong direction. I think I should fit Rabbits and Mooncakes and Mochi's into it.

I guess the last one is the easiest to act on. I can do it right now... but I'll let it simmer a bit in my subconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment