Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Shao's violin

Noah fools around too much during his lesson. But whatever. The notes for today are that we need to buy a new sponge or "polypad." The thing looks like something I could make. But we will probably pay for it instead. We can get it at Jonson's in Newton or look online. (I'm guessing we'll buy it online.)
He needs to work on his contact point ie where the bow touches the string. He needs to get it closer to the bridge. Sometimes it slips up toward the finger board. (I had this problem. In fact I think I might STILL have this problem.) And that's it. You can't really go over too much in 30 minutes. But even in that short period of time Noah manages to waste time and procrastinate. Which means really, it's all about practice.

On another note, I started teaching him some Irish folk songs. Me and the kids are going to start a band man. Jonah will play Piano and I guess I'll start learning guitar, and we'll all sing.

I'll upload a video of us singing some song in a sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment