Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Too Much candy

Well the kids somehow got a ton of candy into their system. Probably only around three or four pieces. But yes that's already too much. Nightmares, coughing, strange behavior, passing out. They snuck it in while we were still trick or treating.

Trick or treating last night was pretty fun. We just went around the block and then went home to pass out candy. Of course hardly anyone came to our house. Other houses played music and had lights so I brought out a small lion dance drum and played that to attract attention.

"Shut up!" yelled some coward bastard from somewhere.

Well. Let me go down that road of darkness. It was only 6:30pm or so.

Does Halloween mean that people are quicker to anger because the spirit world is closer?

Well let's keep the faeries in my mind mischievous rather than straight up malevolent.

We managed to pass out a bowl full of candy, most of which we had collected on Friday. There is still quite a bit of candy that was hidden even from me. The stuff that we bought , was pretzels and not much of that got picked up. But that's okay because pretzels son't make the kids all crazy.

On a good note I saw a bunny last night. I saw a movement and knew that's what it would be or at least guessed. Then I saw the bunny standing still in the darkness. I should this to Grace and she thought it was kind of weird and freaky. Bunnies for me represent my mother's spirit being nearby. It was actually Grace that decided this.

Shao woke up in the middle of the night screaming, "Baba which tower are you in which tower are you in?" then we went to the bathroom. He claims to have not had any bad dreams at all. I guess he blocked them out.

This morning it was like we have ghosts, except I knew it was just Shao sneaking off in the corner nibbling at something and making the curtain move in the process.

Grace must have had some candy too because she was acting crazy after I gave them peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast. She likes to make breakfast on the weekend, but Shao was hiding in the corners eating candy like a rat... which could attract small critters if crumbs are left behind.

Maybe it's the candy itself that makes the spirit world closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment