Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Taking pictures of other pictures with the my Go Pro

I brought my Go Pro into Chinatown to take some pictures of stuff.
I revisited the Gallery at the CCBA conference room. Basically I'm realy bad at taking pcitures with this Go Pro. I should have brought the other camera. The Eagle I would buy if I had the dough is still there. The Gallery has work from 20 artists. If you want to buy stuff you have to talk to the artist though. The idea of the gallery is not to sell stuff. I talked to an old woman who was the artist who did most of the flowers. She was impressed by my Cantonese. 


These Photos are by George Moy. My little ink painting that was destroyed was based on one of his photos. My photos are crappy. Go and check out this stuff yourself. The gallery is an annual event. If you are one of the rich people living in Chinatown. Go in and try to buy something or ask for the Artists info. 
Buy = Mai. Just pull out some cash and point to the painting and they will get someone who speaks English. You will be confused and discouraged but the experience will help you to bond with the Chinatown experience. Plus if you buy something you will be supporting local artists.






The female artist who painted the Chinese Flowers also did these Western Style flowers. 
Western= Sai Yerng.
I think. 



I started talking with more people as they came in and of course I have to quickly do my elevator pitch of why I even exist. 
I'm half Chinese. My Father is Chinese not my mother. I learned Chinese from Kwong Kow Chinese School and TVB. I take care of my kids and I write and try to sell books now. I also teach Kung Fu. I'm associated with the school upstairs, Woo Ching White Crane. But I don't exactly teach there anymore. 

The Conversation became deeper, about how much potential I had as someone who was white and bilingual and who spoke Chinese. I could learn Mandarin and move to Beijing and do business. 

Ironically my Chinese was not good enough to understand everything that was said. Plus, look at me I have no income! I edged away and tried to cover the Safety Committee meeting happening next door, but the door was shut. I talked to some people about it. A new restaurant is opening up where Cafe Lulu's was. Eastern.. ah I forget. That's too bad because I knew the owner of Cafe Lulu's.
Also there were a bunch of assaults. The usual in Chinatown. Perhaps I should go to the next meeting and.. I don't know try to DO something about that as Kung Fu Dad.



 Here is the new Park by Little Panda and the old Unitarian Church building by Mass Pike. It's coming along. You can use the Playground already.


I rode my bike back and saw this guy who does a nomadic bike shop in Roxbury, right behind the big Police Station by Ruggles. I though it was cool so I asked if I could take a picture. 

Actually it's called MELS Mobie Bicycle Shop. 
melsbikeshop.co 617-980-1326

He does the morning and the afternoon commute I guess. He fills tires with air for free. 

This part of Roxbury, by the way, is unrecognizable. It is actually part of Northeastern's campus and the huge Police Station is there. I can't believe I used to go to school here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment