Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Double Ten

On October 10th
Luckily being  a Saturday
Late we rushed to Chinatown,
Shao Biking
I, runnning
The Parade had started.
 Hung Ching passed by
and we looked like part of the audience.

Then out with our Kung Fu uniforms and heads.
The Policeman was surprised.
A musket fired and he was even more so.
Shao jumped off his bike and Woo Ching came up.
We joined the parade.

Noah lion danced like a champ.
With stance and Kung Fu skill.
Next to the big head,
A giant of a man with a child's face,
Sup yut.

The large adult head looked like a child's head on him.
You only knew how big it was because liitle Shao was next to him.
Noah Moh Seed.
I pulled his bike.

Except when he rode it.
And I jumped on drum.

His Face shone so brightly,
a true son of Taiwan
That the rapid fire pictures clicked faster
on his face than they had
on his lion head.

And in the head his power  and energy showed so well.
But like a fool I forgot my Camera and my Go pro.

Arriving at Boston City Hall. They handed out bags.
In the bags by Wing Kai To
was reading of Double Ten
But I refused the bags Because I didn't know.
I thought it was just a bag.


(I need to get an extra copy of that Pamphlet.)

Noah performed and we went off
and back to Chinatown,
(following Wah Lum's Dragon)
Then skooting ahead we got Baos
 at Hing Sing for lunch.

at Moh GoonShao Retired
until his Mommy got him.
 I stayed for a Lion Dance at a wedding.
"Weren't you at the Taiwan thing in Chinatown today?"
says the Best Man.

We were.
But Giant Sup Yut
Had thrown up in the car
so cymbals for him this time.
And me in the head.
And bowing and giving and lettuce and tangerines
 and we were back to Chinatown
and then back home for me.

"Where have you been!" yelled Dai Dai
"You have to read me stories right now!"

And so I did.

Until I could read no more and we all fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment