Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Mispronouncing words

These kids just love reading a book I got about Rock Collecting, to the point where Dai Dai will recite, no SHOUT the Mohs scale of hardness. He used to say "Talec" instead of Talc, but after correcting him today he said Talk. But I realized I have to write down that he had said Talec or I'll forget. There are so many other words that Shao used to mispronounce that were so cute. But at the same time I want them to pronounce it properly too.
Dai Dai calls Shrimps "crimps."


Mostly their singing "oro se do bheatha bhaile" in any which way they want. Then they ask me How to pronounce these Gaelic words and I have to shrug. I have no idea.

Dai Dai's Pledge allegiance went something like this.

"I pledge allegiance

Mother of god

.....
Amen.

I care! We Care! (clap clap) Curley Cares!"

This is because he got the pledge of allegiance mixed up with the Hail Mary. And then the school's part at the end is something all the kids have to do. So they now think it is part of the Nation's Pledge.

What else?

You assume that these things are just part of life and that you'll remember. But the truth is if you don't write it down, you won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment