Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, October 30, 2015

Halloween Mix Up

Today Shao and Dai will do the little library parade trick or treat thing. Interestingly I was in Chinatown and some preschoolers headed over to the CCBA at 11am for the same thing.
"We didn't prepare anything." said the office woman shocked. "Halloween is tomorrow."
"We came last year."

I wanted to take a picture to tell the story of the mix up because in a way it is kind of funny. It's not like the children were really disappointed, We're talking  like kids that can't walk yet.
"No! Bu ke neng!" said the teacher. Probably because you can't take pictures of kids by policy. But I totally could have settled on a pic of the teachers and the stroller but I didn't want to push it. We helped her out the door again and the office woman repeated, "I really didn't know about this." Basically yes you can trick or treat early but you usually let people know you will be coming. They stopped off at other places and did have one bag full already. It's kind of like Lion Dance. It doesn't have to be on New Year, but you have to let the stores know you will be coming so they can prepare.
But no harm done right? Just a mistake, no bid deal. But I think the teacher took the Office woman's last comment as an insult. Or maybe she just felt silly because it was so hard to push the big stroller up the ramp.
She gave a look that, if looks could kill, she would have slaughtered thousands, "Trick or Treat American Culture so Sorry." She said. But by the tone what I think she meant by it really had to do with the circumstances of our conception, the occupation of our mothers, and possibly the quality and smell of our maternal ancestors reproductive parts and perhaps injury to them during said conception going back 18 generations. Yeah that curse.

Anyway, this reminded  me of the times I took my students out trick or treating. Once was when they were little kids and it was cute. Another time was when they were teens. Now that was funny. I'll post it next tomorrow though. This is already too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment