Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Am I working now?

After doing my Chinatown Blogger interviews I had to bike straight to the school to pick up Shao and Dai. It's almost like I have a job now, except for the income  part. But I'm realizing that there are other types of income besides money. In fact within these last few weeks, (or has it only been two?) since I started this Chinatown Blog, I have become part of a board, initiated a project that several organizations and corporations got behind, and I can see some sort of change on the horizon. I feel like I am learning a ton. I feel like the work I am doing is more important than when I just showed up to work and did what others told me to because it's like I'm exploring a new world even though I'm in the same city I have always been in. Don't get me wrong, this blog helped me a lot too. This blog brought me my sanity and adult thoughts onto a page. And from here I wrote several books. But now I feel like I'm playing with the real world. I kind of feel rich and free and enabled. It's weird.
I also like riding around on my bike.

When I got to the playground Shao yelled at me for not bringing snacks. But we still ended up staying pretty late before going home for dinner. Plus the snacks he wants are not real food. So is that hunger? He also said they gave him a lot of food for lunch but not enough time to eat it. I think he is having trouble opening the plastic bags and he can't save his lunch for later. Maybe I should pack him a little Tupperware thing to put leftovers in. Then he can have his leftover lunch for snack. Jonah had no complaints.

Jonah sat on the front bar frame of the bike while I rode it home. Noah had to kind of just run behind. But it has given me and idea for traveling to violin lessons. Noah will bike, and so will me and Dai Dai. Of course we will have to go really slow that way, but it will still be faster than walking. Maybe I should get one of those seats for Jonah.

I talked to may neighbor about opening up a Kung Fu school. This is something I want to do in Five years. I should say martial arts school because it will be more commercial. In fact I wouldn't mind having teachers that did Karate and Ju Jitsu like stuff, but the flue that would hold it together would be Chuen POw Cup been ngau, lion dance, meditation, and some internal Mein Lei jum like stuff, Probably not the whole form.
The reason why I don't want to limit to just Kung Fu is because I might need other people to teach, and I can't expect them to learn my forms. But I could expect them to learn four white crane moves yeah?

Anyway, the boys were mad I was talking about adult stuff. So inside to watch Curious George and Wild Kratts and have a quick dinner.
Pretty Balanced. Yeah it's microwaved chicken nuggets. But I have little rice balls on seaweed too.

Look Dai Dai almost finished his.

Let's take a closer look at the plate.

Oh yeah. I forgot before we actually got inside I took some pictures with the Pumpkin.


And Noah McGuivered this cool toy out of wax from those cheese circles and stuff he found on the ground at the playground. Pretty cool right?

Well dinner, then bath then Noah did his forms and violin. He got real pissed when I made him start over because I wanted him to redo a move and he lost his place. I've been lax on the forms enforcement mainly because I see him playing around with Kung Fu on his own. Should I make him to forms everyday anyway?
Actually what he really needs is to take the techniques from the form and play with them. But ultimately I can only encourage this. I mean to drill all of those techniques that would be too much.

Then story time and off to sleep. Tonight I put them to bed before getting on the computer, because I needed to focus to do my other blog, again like a real job. I mentioned the Chinatown Master Plan in it, which I just found out is over. But what does that mean? I mean there is still development right? I'll find out more. I set up an interview with Lydia Lowe sometime next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment