Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Woo Ching's White Crane Boston Bak Hok Pai



Today was the last day of my First Baptist Church class. My friends (and students) got me a gift. A 1940's antique police night stick. (It's actually just the right size for the dan do form aka Mo ching do.) I put it up on my altar (my altar is a fusion altar more on that later)



What I wanted to blog about was that, on a whim, I decided last week that the final class I would teach Dai Do cherng





Kristen took hold of the spear (we only learned sticks) and something clicked. I mean everyone's basics have been getting better and better. But she was just able to do the moves right away.



I forgot about how invigorating it can be to do this stuff. I had fun watching them have fun.



(Above is the version of the form with the double sword instead of the big knife. have to find the other one online.(

No comments:

Post a Comment