Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Curley Lion Dance team

Alright today I'm going to start teaching Curley students Kung Fu and Lion Dance in the school yard. The goal is to get ready for the Wake up the Earth parade. We'll see who shows up, but I'm starting to think, why did I make it only one day a week? If there is interest I might expand to Mon Wednesday Friday. I might try to carry it over into the summer too and make it a daily thing and go right through the fall. I'm getting ahead of myself because maybe nobody will show up. I sure don't want to bring the lion head there every day. But maybe during the summer I will. If some older kids practice every day, they could actually get pretty good in a month or a week. Maybe good enough to run class. (I did that and there was more information to remember too. I will be simplifying it.) We'll see how it goes, but it would be cool to put a real team together. Maybe teach them forms and stuff too. Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment