Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sword and Spear Awesomeness

Today I ran a little Kung Fu practice in the playground. It was about 15 minutes. Big turn out? No. But still It's becoming a thing. I sang the song while Noah ran through his stick form. So at least I did that. Then the kids went to play. After that We went home and I did a private lesson with one of Noah's friends. The kids did basic drill s(on their own) and then we ran through forms. You know I always say that Jonah doesn't really have it, isn't there with the Kung Fu. But Maybe I should stop saying that. What it is, is that he doesn't have strong foundation and hitting power. But if you were to look at Kung Fu as an expressive dance. His dance thuds and is clumsy, but I can see where he is trying to do this move and trying to do that move. So he is absorbing it. He just isn't able to do it yet. But he is only four, almost five, so I mean eventually, yes he will know Kung Fu.

Then I did calls for Diana HWang's campaign. I had trouble with the Hub Dial and I had to leave to do a class at First Baptist Church so I wasn't able to do as much as last time. But because I had had my great experience door knocking at my old stomping grounds earlier... I don't know, I took my time and really enjoyed talking to people. AND I actually got some people to lean toward Diana or even to say, "Yeah I'll vote for her!" It was a great feeling. And even the people who rejeceted me mostly did so politely and it was fun to just talk to people.

Does all this make a difference? I think in this case.. YES! yes it makes a huge difference

So then I went and taught my Kung Fu class at first baptist Church. There is only one left and my students here have come a long way. I can see a huge difference between them and the new class in Chinatown. I guess I will have to keep on starting new classes so that I will always have those comparisons.. to see how far students have come.

In class we continued with the Tiger Crane fighting form and finished it up, bringing in the sword and spear. And it was cool to see how much fun they were having. I forgot how much fun doing those moves were. One student did the opening and then smiled and humbly said, "That's awesome."

Yes! Yes it is. But I had forgotten. And when they ran through the moves... it really did look good, like I was watching a movie. It was so cool. See, to watch someone do those moves, that's one thing. But when it is you doing it, even if you are taking your time and doing it slower... it is a whole other things. It is complete awesomeness. You might do this as a child... but with sticks or swords and spears, adults will quickly and rightfully stop you. Then when you are adults.. I mean who plays like that. And even if you do, you have to be careful not to hurt each other. But when you are given a specific sequence and some trade secrets on how to do the moves (now you might say I should not have shared these secrets but everyone in my class is a good friend that is close to me. This class does not have 150 people or something like that) then you can do it safely... and it really was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment