Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Curley Lion Dance Team

I don't get the same group of kids each time.. and indeed some children have run up to me before the class and said, "I quit this/" Gleefully. Actually they don't have to tell me that. They can play or participate... so what's the point of quitting? I didn't realize we had gotten that far along yet.
But by doing the class I am marketing for the team. And I think I am training myself... heck brainwashing myself with the Kung Fu anthem, Nam Yi Dong Ji Kerng as a self affirmation. I have high hopes for the group. Many would question why.. but I do, I really do.

Teaching is different from just practicing on your own. Both are important. If all you do is teach classes all day, you do not have time to work on your own stuff. But if you don't teach, then you are limiting the potential of what Kung Fu is for in so many ways.

 A lot of people talk about Self defense. But Kung Fu is about a group of people working together. Group defense. Village defense, Story telling. That sort of thing.

So I'm going to keep teaching my little classes and hopefully I will gather a core amount of people to form a team.. and we will keep growing from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment