Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Teaching the Tiger Crane form

Today I taught two students, who are married, the Tiger Crane form. I kind of wished I got it on video. Even though they are beginners they looked pretty good. But I think most importantly, they were having so much fun learning something knew. I remember learning fighting forms for performances that were coming up, and there was always an element of extreme stress, especially since there was a lot of, "No no no like this" Blind striking out by fatigued partners, frustration, and injuries. It's different when you are doing it just for fun. I mean there was banter back and forth, but it was funny.
And it didn't matter at all if they forgot it all the second they left. Who cares?

Maybe it was because it was so laid back. Maybe it was because they were married. I don't know. It was just a fun experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment