Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, March 4, 2016

Palm Sunday Kung Fu and Lion Dance class March 20th

Looking for something to do on Palm Sunday but you aren't particularly religious?
I will be having a Kung Fu and Lion Dance class by Jamaica Pond behind the JP soccer field at 10:00am. where the Pinebank mansion use to be located.

The class is open to everyone and will be very kid friendly.


But it will also be connected to a broader Kung Fu culture



This video, put together by Mandy Chan shows a Kung Fu event that I took part in. I am the bald guy wit the Tiger Fork.




We will have Meditation and Tai Chi warm ups, Lion Dance, story time, a power animal and element craft, Basic Kung Fu and self defense, performance of Kung Fu with drumming, Weapons (they will be kid appropriate) and we will end with some songs and the unofficial singing and explanation of the Kung Fu anthem, Nam Yi Dong Ji Kerng


It will be a lot of fun, and though we will cover a lot of material, there will be basic things you will be able to take away from the class and practice at home. 
This class is free and open to the public but I do ask that you make a donation to support me. After all my equipment, my time and my Kung Fu skills are valuable and hard to come buy.

Suggested Donation:$20

No comments:

Post a Comment