Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, March 28, 2016

11.22.63 Soldier Boy

You know, this series is just so freaking scary... but who am I scared of? The weird thing is that the person to be scared of, the person doing the killing, is Jake.
This episode is called soldier Boy. Lee Harvey Oswald is the one whistling the tune on his way to fulfill his duty. According to this version of the story.. Lee decides to kill JFK only a few days beforehand. It is a spur of the moment thing. And opportunity.

The first thing I thought of when I saw him make the decision on a park bench after reading the paper was the Tsarnaev brothers. I mean yeah they were building bombs for a while and doing this and that. Just like Lee may have shot at General Walker and was saying this and that. But the decision to hone in on JFK in Lee's case, or the Marathon in the Tsarnaev's case, was almost random.

Or is Jake the soldier boy. I mean he never served. Lee was a Marine. But Jake also has a mission and is forcing himself to carry it out despite the past pushing back.


I have to say I really don't think I would be doing any of this if I were Jake. Maybe I would have had to be convinced like Jake was. We see the old guy bum in this one talking about how he is a time traveler too and is trying to save his daughter. Now that... I would have to try and do. Over and Over.
But the President? I'm still not convinced it would even make much of a difference. Also, there are those out there who think we should have stayed in Vietnam longer and that we could have won that war. I don't know the history I'm just wondering what those guys think about this show.

I mean Jake did do some good. He killed two bad men.. but now what? I was actually expecting this episode to have the assassination and for the last episode to deal with the fall out. It's weird to be watching a movie about the past and still have no freaking clue where this is going or what is going to happen.

As always, I will probably have some nightmares tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment