Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, March 11, 2016

Politics Problems and Perspective

I remember talking to a Puerto Rican friend who is a community organizer and he said he didn't vote because he sees the U.S. as an Imperial force that took over his country. I went an skimmed through a book on Puerto Rican history after that and holy crap.

But what does that have to do with today's politics.I'm not saying I'm not going to vote. I am absolutely going to vote. But I'm starting to realize it there are things you can start doing that are actually more important than campaigning or voting or protesting or this or that. A lot of that stuff is, in the end, for show.

It's amazing how volatile this election has become and there is still so much time left. But in the end I doubt my life will change that much, no matter who is President. When every body said that those times were great.. those were my worse times economically. When everyone said "Oh it's really bad." life was fairly easy for me. Of course it matter who is President. Everything matters. But what matters most is what you do under that President. What am I doing? What do I even want to do?

I've been blogging in Chinatown and I won't say I've been trying to affect change. I don't know what I want to change or that I even want change. I want happiness. I want harmony. Being from mixed heritage I guess I want different groups to get along. But a lot of advocating for this or fighting for that...I'm not feeling it. I feel like so far this year everyone is shouting and running around in circles and being really vague about it all. Nobody is offering or stepping up with concrete solutions.

Myself, I've been trying to step up with the only solutions I have for everything.. Kung Fu and Lion Dance and meditation. Because that's what I do... Also writing I guess. But am I solving a problem> I was trying to, I was trying to do outreach. I ended up having lots of fun teaching, but the target at risk youth type kids, of course they did not show up.


Maybe that is my problem. I am looking at the world as if there are problems. I mean you can't deny Global warming.. I guess that's a problem if you care about living and other things living.... but I think it dawned on me.. maybe a lot of people don't care about living.. you know heaven and all that.

Maybe I'll stop trying to affect change altogether. Just drop thinking about what is important and just do what is cool and what I want to do and somehow my path will be guided to help out when I can and want t.

No comments:

Post a Comment