Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Good tantrum game

I saw this article about how you shouldn't punish your kids and that when they throw tantrums there was another technique to dealing with this.

I was thinking, okay here is some other hippy bs that might work but is also again kind of bs.
Because of seen kids whose parents are like, "Oh no he doesn't hit, he never hits" or whatever and in the end their kids all over the freaking place and my kids might be like that at home. But people tell me that in general, my kids are pretty good.

But whatever I kept reading.


So it says that you play this game, when the kid isn't mad. Mommy (but ot's gonna be me in this case, I mean there is no united front and parents getting together to decide how we raise the kids. I do me and Grace does her.

But the game is you PRETEND to say something the kid doesn't like and then the kid PRETENDS to throw a GOOD tantrum. A good tantrum means "no hitting mommy" stuff like that.
The idea is they get some sort of reward for playing this game and then when they throw real tantrums they throw good ones instead and then you reward that.

So I was like, "Okay let me try this bs but my way."

So last night I was like, "Noah we're going to play a game. The game is I'm going to tell you something you don't want to do. Like to put on your shoes and go to school." (again this is like 8pm or something.)
"And then, you are going to pretend to throw a tantrum.. except your tantrum is Joi jung kuen."

Noah laughed and then I said in a pretend yelling voice (you know when you pretend you are yelling but actually you are practically whispering) "Noah put on your shoes and get to school Right Now!"

And then he laughed and did Joi jung kuen.

So first of all. The kid did Kung Fu without throwing a tantrum. We are going to play this game every day.

More on this to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment