Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Hulk strikes again

Last night Grace had to use the Hulk to get the children upstairs. (I did not fit in the car home and so was given 2 hours of freedom in Chinatown.) The Hulk has recently become more real to Noah due to two separate incidents. One was that because Grace put a kumquat plant over the rug, the rug ended up being wet. When I finally discovered this I had to move the rug out and didn't have time to put everything back. Jonah saw the whole thing. But when Noah got home he thought the Hulk had done it. Grace reinforced his thinking. When Noah asked me, "Baba, why did Hulk do this?' indeed getting a little sad faced and slightly teary eyed, I asked him, "Are you sure Hulk did this? Why don't you ask Jonah who did this?"
Noah then asked Jonah, "Jonah why did Hulk do this?"
Eventually I tried to get Jonah to answer myself. Jonah's first and final answer to who did this was. "Bolt." whoever that is. And Noah's response was, "No just Hulk did it."

The week before Jonah had built some train tracks with my friend during the day. We didn't clean it up and again, when Noah came home he asked, "Did Hulk build these train tracks? Baba why did Hulk build these train tracks?"
Again I tried to get him to ask Jonah who had built the train tracks and Noah asked Jonah, "Jonah why did Hulk build these train tracks? Did Hulk build them for me?"

Jonah never did answer that one.

I wonder if even though Jonah saw me move the rug and built the train tracks himself, if he actually believes the Hulk did these things too, simply because Noah says it over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment