Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, September 7, 2013

JP Music fest

As I went over to Pinebank for my 10 am class today I noticed them setting up for the Music fest. The class was pretty nice. Noah and Jonah refused to obey me but suddenly when the only other child that showed up came, everyone got in line and acted like a class instead of my children. I still don't quite understand it.

We then went out to one of my old Student's birthday parties. At some point Jonah became fussy because it was his nap time and actually Grace had taken some allergy medicine so she was out of it too. We got home and pretty much everyone fell asleep in the car despite the thump thumping of the music festival which can be heard from our house. Grace crawled into the house and then later when Jonah woke up, I got both kids inside despite much protest from Noah who promptly passed out again on the floor. Jonah was up so after changing and changing him again because of a poo, we went over to the festival with his tricycle. At first I was kind of like, this is lame for a 2 year old. There was a cool cardboard slide going down the sugar bowl. But the line was long, and that would be scary for him anyway. The crowd was nice, the music was nice, the food trucks were great... but I was already full and Jonah was not excited by the crowd. Suddenly I saw that there was a children's corner. What I had planned to be a quick checking out of an event turned into Jonah playing with chalk at a homemade chalkboard for what seemed like hours. We then went to the drum circle and did some arts and crafts. There was stilt walking too, but I think it's too early for him. All in all pretty cool, but I had to head home at some point to the rest of my family for dinner. Grace is usually not into these festival kind of things, and actually now I'm tired too and am glad if the children will accept some quiet time at home as entertainment enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment