Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, September 16, 2013

Cheems and Faces

Jonah likes to play these face games. One is where he will ask for various "cheems" or kisses.
I want mouth cheems, I want eye cheems, I want nose cheems, I want hair cheems, I want ear cheems. And then we will either tough noses, or in the case of eyes, just get our eyes really close to each other at which point Jonah will crack up and ask for a different cheem. We were playing this today on the subway and it occurred to me that I should probably write down that we play this game, because we won't always play it, especially on the subway. I wonder at what age it will become, uncool.
Another game we play, which Grace actually started was doing different emotional faces.
"Do mad face." Grace will say. "Do sad face, do happy face, do surprised face." I was so surprised at how good Jonah's acting was. I think he should do theater and the arts. I think my mom knew this about me too. But I looked around at the projects we lived in and said out loud to her, "I can't do that I have to make money." But right now I don't have a job anyway, so I guess I just should have studied and done what I wanted and not for a second worried about money. Worrying about money didn't make me any money. And as it turns out I'm still working in the arts, but if I had studied them I would probably at least have some sort of job connected to them, or at least more connections in that industry as well as different options.

Another thing I found interesting was that Jonah's original faces were the best. Because he would actually look the way he looked when he was sad or angry. But later Noah wanted to play the game too. In fact, there is probbaly some sort of version of this game at school. Noah's faces were exaggerated and then Joanh started copying these faces too as what one should do for a sad face. In other words, a frown. And a mad face was an angry face that you would pull out specifically for such a game. But the game angry face looks completely different than a child's actual angry face. I guess that's why  movies like to go with newer or untrained actors for certain roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment