Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Confusing Good byes and limitations of power.

Today one of the roommates that was Jonah's playmate left and won't be coming back. Jonah was pretty shy and not sure of giving hugs or exactly saying goodbye. He had just met her and I guess seemed to be still getting to know her. But after playgroup on our way home he kept saying, "I want to see Li sing I want to see Li sing." and when we got to our house he was actually pretty mad at the fact that I was telling him that he couldn't. I told him we could go in the house but she wouldn't be there. That's pretty hard stuff to understand for a two year old I guess. Actually I don't recall Noah ever being sad like that. Of course he cried when I left him for the first time at group and at school. Usually when his grandparents leave he is fine. Only once when they left from a sort of family reunion did he sort of cry. Mainly the situation was just confusing because nobody else left yet and Noah didn't understand why Gong Gong went outside and didn't come back. He though Gong Gong was going for a walk, not for a trip out of state. (Truth is the whole thing was difficult for me to understand to. I just happen to not be emotionally involved. It's not my Gong Gong who I happen to be the spitting image of after all. )
I guess this goodbye is confusing for Jonah too. He only just met Li Sing, she is the sister of the roommate who he really formed a bond with. And the family went out, but will be back, but Li Sing is going somewhere else to meet with friends. It's confusing itinerary especially when Jonah's trips are usually drop off Noah, and pick up Noah and stay with Baba, Except on Thursdays when he goes to play group.
Also, in general, anything he wants, I have the power to get for him quite easily, it's usually just a question of whether I want him to have it or not. You want a show? Here it is. I can pull it up on Amazon or the internet. You want to play with a toy? Here it is. You want candy? I can get it for you easily. Whether I will or not is another question. You want a specific person? Well that's just out of my control. I wonder if he knows that. Or does he think I am just withholding visiting rights from him.
In any event I guess he's over it by now and it's time for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment