Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, September 30, 2013

Community Pianos

These are the best idea ever. I don't know exactly how it works when it rains. Is the paint on the piano water resistant or something? Anyway, we've played two of these so far, one at the Chinatown park, and one in JP near JP licks. Each time I only had one kid. In Chinatown I had Jonah. Not a lot of other people came over to play, Though some did. Some old guy gave me a piece of Styrofoam while we were playing. I have no idea why or what that was about. He seemed to be trying to let me know to use it in some way on the piano. I don't know what he was talking about and I speak Chinese. Maybe he was crazy.
I don't really play piano, but I could manage some single handed children's songs, just the melody. That experience makes me want to actually learn to play the piano. You know, chords and stuff. Two hands. That would be cool. A lot of times Jonah would stop me from playing and say "myself."

Then on Saturday while Jonah was taking a nap I took Noah to the JP licks piano. In JP there were several people playing and we actually had to wait our turn. Okay so some people came by and played in Chinatown but it was a different atmosphere. In JP they would hang out and we would actually take turns. Noah was actually shy to play at first because of this. Whereas Jonah wasn't, because when we arrived in Chinatown, nobody was playing. After a while Noah started to want to play again and again too. At first he wouldn't play unless I was playing. But then he also did what Jonah did and stopped me from playing because he wanted to play himself. Well I think in a year Noah will be ready for some sort of lessons. I wonder if they offer family lessons, the way I offer Kung Fu for the family. I mean all we really need to learn is a few scales and drills that I can work on with them, and then just fool around on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment