Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, September 6, 2013

Networking

Tomorrow is my first Free Saturday class at Pinebank 10 am.  I've thought about making flyers or going around to the playgrounds and telling parents about the class. But as I sat at the playground watching Jonah play, I couldn't bring myself to cheesily walk over to parents or nannies and be like, "Hi I'm Adam Cheung. I'm wondering if you would be interested in a free Kung Fu class I'm running tomorrow at Pinebank, Jamaica Pond. It starts at 10 am. It will be 15-30 minutes long. Yes it's okay to bring your kids. In fact it's for kids and their parents, it's sort of a Kung Fu playgroup."
In fact I just felt like sitting there and dealing with my fall allergies, which I did not realize I had. Maybe if I had some sort of prop, like the T-shirt, or a flyer, or a sign up sheet, or a business card. But actually all those props just make it seem more cheesy and the truth is just bring it up to other parents is better. After all, most of these parents know where Pinebank is, or could google it right there on their phone. And they don't need any other information than the location and when the class is. So why didn't I advertise myself?
Partly because I want to see how the class goes with the members I have first at that time.
No not really, I know how it will go. It will go the same way the Tuesday classes went. Well I guess I should just try practicing being a walking sales pitch in person. Maybe I should get a little flyer or something to help people remember when and where, or just to break the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment