Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, September 27, 2013

Cross walk anger

Today was a normally frustrating morning. Mainly because Noah would just not follow directions. Actually he is very predictable though and probably he does the opposite of what I want because he wants me to chase him down and tackle him and put his clothes on and then drag him down the stairs and put him in the stroller. Problem is, where is Jonah while I'm doing all this?
Anyway, we got all the way to Tufts medical center and things were good. Right as we stepped up to the crosswalk, it just so happened that the light had just turned to walk. What luck right? Wrong.
Noah was really angry that he didn't get to push the button that said walk. He was really really mad, and even when I let him push the button on the other side after we had crossed, he was not appeased, and he usually is. In fact. Even after I dropped him off he started crying that he wanted to push the button on the side that he hadn't gotten a chance to. I was so  fed up with him that I just left. I couldn't deal it anymore. It's not that he's mad for no reason. In fact, I know the reason. I just don't see it as valid. I'm not going to take him out of school to go all the way back to the crosswalk and push the button and then come back to school, late for the field trip they were going on. WTH! Anyway, something tells me this particular behavior is not norma and is just who Noah is and there's got to be some way to do it. Some trick. Distraction or something. But the truth is, when he gets mad over something like that, it is difficult for me to think clearly.

Well this was an unhappy post. But I think I will safe the positive post about Cross walks for tomorrow.

And I probably will just miss the crossing time on purpose so he can push the stupid button from now on.

And probably in the morning I will just dress them both, through the tackle method, set up the stroller, and then carry them both down by force. Yes it is physically more taxing. But working out my muscles is not bad for my health. Where as even if I remain calm, the emotional stress on my organs from their not obeying is bad for my health. Screw. Just carry them down from now on and deal with the fact that their dirty shoes ran all over the house. Better that than stress hormones running through my veins.

No comments:

Post a Comment