Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Full House

One of our old roomate's is visiting us with her sister and mother. It's kind of like having extended family over, only more so. Mainly because when Grace's parents visit, after ten minutes of saying hi to the kids it's kind of like, "okay.. moving on."
But Yesterday Jonah had three women who were all paying attention to him, and even after Noah came home Jonah still got plenty of attention. Activities included, trains, blocks, dulcimer, violin (the sister played Mozart and Dvorak really really well. followed by some Theresa Tang and wheels on the bus.), lion dance, drums, tunnel, and various other games. Noah cooked on his pretend kitchen for them. It was like a little party. And when it was time to take a bath, the kids weren't having it. Jonah was kicking and screaming in a technique I've seen in Norman Rockwell paintings and cartoons, but actually never in real life. It kind of reminded me of the way I used to cry when I had to go to sleep when I was visiting my Grandmother and Grandfather's house for Christmas all the Aunts and Uncles were there. I didn't want to miss the fun. I didn't want it to end. And the way they got me to go take a bath was a promise that I could come back and say goodnight before I went to bed. And so that's what I did with my own children and it worked. They got pretty excited for the saying of goodnight, but when it was time to say good bye they did so amicably enough. I guess the hardest thing is to be pulled away without ceremony and having the chance to say goodnight properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment