Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, January 27, 2014

Twos and Fours

Jonah requested that we go sledding today. It was raining, but not that much, so we went down the hill once and then I pulled him across the snow to visit the pond. I'm sure Jonah wanted to throw rocks into the water, but there was snow and ice there instead. Jonah is definitely 2. As in, he is starting to rebel or say he doesn't want something or does want something, and switch it, seemingly simply  to make my life difficult. He will want to run and then not want to walk and collapse on the ground. It is starting to wear on my patience. But he is still loving and wants to do hugs and kisses.
Meanwhile Noah is asking a lot of question, especially about the movie we just saw, Brave. "Why did the mommy turn into a bear?" Why did Merida give her the cake? Why did the cake turn her into a bear?"

I have to ask does he mean why is the plot like that or if he is asking if it is scientifically possible for a cake to turn you into a bear. I had to explain that magic is in the story and it is not scientifically possible for a cake to turn you into a bear, but a cake could be poisoned or spoiled and make you sick or kill you, but a better way to tell the story is to make it turn the mother into a bear. Of course usually during my explanation Noah will interrupt loudly with "WHY! WHy? Why did the babies turn into bears too?"
 And of course the questions will come over and over and over. My little trick of asking "What do you think?" doesn't work because I guess Noah just wants to only know what I think, or the "right answer" but hearing the answer is not good enough so he asks the question again and again and again.

I like these conversations and I like playing with Jonah and bringing him places, But getting there safely and getting back home safely is becoming increasingly more difficult and stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment