Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, January 10, 2014

Show and Tell Rehearsal

Noah was pretty excited about doing show and tell today. So despite the fact that he had a Trumpet cough throughout the night and a bit of it this morning, I sent him to school. He's not really sick otherwise and after I gave him soft cough medicine it seems to have gone away.
He was so excited for Show and Tell that last night he and Mommy did a Show and Tell Rehearsal. We actually left his show and Tell item at school Yesterday to make sure it was there. It was a Kung Fu Panda book. But for rehearsal we just used various items around the house. Mommy made him do an opening introduction and then ask if we had any questions. I was trying to tune his toy guitar and she insisted that I participate in asking questions. At first I asked questions like Grace did.
"What color is that car?"
"How many wheels does it have?"
"Who bought this car for you?"
Noah answered them pretty well.
But I figured as long as we are doing a rehearsal and pretending to be an audience I might as well ask questions that are more likely to be asked by children.

"What do you say?" said Grace.
"Ummm.. Do you have any questions...hee hee hee." Noah said smiling and twisting and turning with giggles.
I raised my hand.
"Baba."
"Umm... I forgot my question." I said.
Grace looked at me with disgust.
"Haven't you ever done a presentation for kids before?" I asked "Every time I do about 5-8 kids will ask this 'question' at least. Every time."

We went through another item and another rehearsal and Grace did another bout of questions.
I raised my hand again.
"Baba."
"Ummmm... I have a car just like that at my house."
"He said do you have any QUESTIONS" said Grace annoyed with my question.
But indeed any time I have ever done a presentation or class I probably get 10 "questions" like this each time and I told her so.
If your going to rehearse (which I wouldn't have bothered but Noah did seem to be having fun going through this) you might as well prepare them for what's out there right?
Well I guess we can ask Noah how he did at Show and Tell tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment