Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Washed Away

Grace had bought a back full od small pumpkins at Costco which we promptly painted and put on our doorstep. This morning, me and the children saw that the storm had washed the paint away.
"Hey that's cool now we can paint them again." I thought and said because I thought it was the act of painting that was fun. It's not like we worked that hard on them.

The children stared silently and not too happily.

"Baba next time you have to bring the pumpkins in when it rains." said Noah.

"I don't like it to be all gone." said Jonah.

Okay. I mean eventually we were going to cut into them and cook them or else compost them if they rotted. They know that right? I guess not. I guess impermanence is okay as long as they don't have to witness it. I thought about teaching something about impermanence, about how it isn't necessarily sad. You know some sort of quote from Buddhism. But then realized the words would be meaningless when the pumpkins in the rain clearly spoke for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment