Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Time

I bought big pumpkins to carve instead of re-painting the old ones. I just used kitchen and butter knives. Jonah chose to do a regular jack o' lantern. (Thank you Jonah) and Noah chose to do Daniel tiger. The thing is after I drew on Daniel tiger, when I started scraping and bracing the pumpkin with wet pumpkin juice hands, the face rubbed off. Plus I didn't feel comfortable just letting the kids carve with the butter knife. They had the most fun just playing with the wet seeds and indulging in their yucky gooiness. Yucky I suppose ina good way.
I stuck the pulp in the microwave. I added water so it wouldn't be too dry. In retrospect I shouldn't have added water at all. Just sugar. We'll eat that later.

As for trick or treating later, It will be a logistical problem since I have my Kung Fu and lion dance classes to teach. Grace will probably pick them up and take them trick or treating for a bit, and I will go and find them later.

If you are wondering why I don't just make my classes a Halloween party the answer is because I can't. It's not allowed. Probably for good reason. Maybe fake blood and fake weapons are not good in school. Also, having the costumes but having rules about them is probably to difficult.So I guess that's why instead of ALL it is nothing. But we will have fun trick or treating at any rate. Noah's friend parents have a little party and we will probably head over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment