Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Fiction versus Truth

I am almost finished with my book and I have recently taken a strange turn. Though it reads like a Self help Book it is actually a work of fiction. I just found that I had a lot more freedom were I to be able to just make up stuff. I had planned future books like this, that read like manuals but were works of fiction. But I think what really hammered it through was reading a book about a boy going to Jedi School for middle school with Noah.
I have also been writing some kids books. The first one had to match my Kung Fu and the drawings were just so difficult. So I decided to practice by just doodling I ended up making a pretty decent book with pictures and words about a planet with Chocolate cake spaceships and ginger bread people. I think I'll have Noah color it (Jonah just scribbles but maybe that is okay too.) and then I'll post it on my story blog.

Besides Grace doesn't really want to write a book with me and our lives are a little to boring, so instead of embellishing why not just make stuff up. With that my book will definitely be out by Thanksgiving.

 By the way, Gong Gong is coming up to see his grand kids for that holiday. Lol.
But no Amah for some reason. Grace asked me if this was a problem.

"Ain't got nothing to do with me." I said. "Your dad, your house, your kids. I have no say."
She resented that but hey it's the truth. Why should she resent it.

What do I have of my own? To tell the truth your kids are not really ever yours. They are their own people.

What's the Dhamapada say? Fools say Sons are mine, wealth is mine, Kingdoms are mine, but there is not even a Self of your own.

Well the house and the land really belong to the government, and your kids belong to themselves.

I like to think I have my book, my drawings and my blogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment