Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Festive Nights

We had the two Lantern festivals over the weekend, where children and parents make lanterns and dress up in their Halloween costumes and walk around the pond. Then yesterday we went to the Hispanic Heritage Month party at the library. Food and music. It was a Columbian band that mixed traditional Columbian Music and Jazz. I expected them to be good but was still surprised at how good they were. The sound was pretty cool. But we had to leave early.

The Children have been waking up exactly at 8am or rather, I have. This means it is difficult to get to school by 8:15. Since technically we don't have to be there until 8:30 that's okay, but I liked going to the playground early and running around a little bit first.

Because of Jonah's later nap schedule I also haven't been picking Noah up from after school until almost the closing time. Noah had no complaints. In fact he told me, "CASP is my favorite. I like CASP better than Halloween, better than a race car, better than chocolate cake, and better than everything."

Really? I sort of thought after school was going to be something he just tolerated. I didn't realize he was going to like it better than everything. Why does he like it so much. They do have activities but mostly it's coloring, waiting in line to go to the bathroom, going to dance class, playing with toys. I guess that's what we all want right? Some sort of simple activity where we all go and can sort of do what we want for a lot of the time right?

I mean what's a party. A bunch of friends your age, doing.. whatever. Dancing, playing, some food. I guess after school is just one bog party day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment