Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Book, Career, Excitement

I have written a book with Grace, well a rough draft at any rate. While writing it I gained a strong sense of excitement and purpose. Why? Because I was trained to do this. It was something that high school, that Groton had prepared me to do. The book is non-fiction, and I plan to sell it online after I self publish it. I have a lot to learn in that regard. There is internet marketing. I've been told I should start my own company. There are some business things that I need to get done and a great deal of internet language and practices that I need to learn, as I am virtually illiterate in that regard as of now. But we wrote the book.

And while writing the book, an outline for a fiction book came out of me as well. It is still in the outline stage. But I am even more excited about that because I worked on it with Noah. The outline is not yet at the stage where I can simply hammer out the book the way I did with the nonfiction one.
The nonfiction book is a self help sort of book and I was surprised at how it just came out of me and even opened my eyes to so many other ideas. I hope it is a success online. But even if it is not, I plan to pedal it door to door.
Moreover I plan to pedal it under my pen name which will be a minor character in my little novel storybook, "Aravel." I suppose I was so excited because not only did my education prepare me for what I am about to do, but so did my Kung Fu, because..... surprise surprise... the nonfiction and the fictional books have a lot to do with Kung Fu. Specifically they have a lot to do with the Kung Fu I am now teaching. In essence, not only have I created a system of martial arts, but a universe where said martial art comes from. Fictional? Yes. Practical? Definitely. Fun and Imaginative? I would like to think so. Everything from the cardboard lion heads I am now using to the way I am teaching basics in a circle, to even stuff I haven't really had a chance to show in a kids class yet because they aren't ready... yes. My ambition is to be a cross between Tolkein and Bruce Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment