Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Book with no pictures, by B.J. Novak

Novak (Ryan from The Office) might be the next Dr. Seus because my kids not only love his new children's book, but the silly words help them concentrate on the words themselves. It is easier for me to get them to sound out the "words" instead of memorizing them when the words aren't actual words but sounds.
Plus it's funny.
It's so simple of an idea, to make a funny book without pictures that makes fun of the whole concept, that I can't believe nobody has done it before. I mean it's so easy, and books have been around forever. At first I thought he was just being lazy and turning out a bool that was easy to make and easy to write. It was probably easy.
But nobody has done it before. It's not the type of thing you can do twice. I can't imagine another book without pictures. But maybe that's just I can't imagine it and maybe he will come up with it.

I guess you could do another book without pictures that tops this on if it was somehow interactive. But it would have to be way cooler than all the work book type books already out there and funny too.

Anyway, it's funny, and it is good. The kids want to keep reading it over and over and if you analyze it you could right a whole book on why it's good for helping kids read because of the colors and fonts catching there eyes and also the fact that there aren't any pictures.

Grace bought his book of short stories too. The first one was funny as hell. I guess I just have to read that now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment