Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Pirate Dim Sum

As soon as I get back I'm going to start filming a talk show with my kids called Pirate Cheung's Tea time. Or maybe Pirate Cheung's Dim Sum.
Here's the theme song

"Heyah Heyah Hoi do jum cha
Heyah Heya hoi do yum cha
Heyah Hoi do Kung Fu Talk Show
Earlay in the mornin."


Basically me and my kids will sit around our table with pretend tea and maybe some baos or sandwiches once a week. I was thinking about having the first topic be the Final World Cup match.

Guests will be The Incredible Hulk (a doll)

Peter (Rabbit Captain America)

and Christine Yu (Tie Dye Hello Kitty in a Karate outfit.)

The main reason I want to talk about the World Cup is because I can  say

ARRRRRRRRgentina.

This comes out of a few Kung Fu characters I made, and a a song I created to teach Kung Fu. And a previous idea about having tea time as a thing to do at dim sum.


I can do it. Plus this can be the arts and crafts portion of the Kung Fu videos I plan on making.

I really like this Pirate thing. It's starting to wear on Grace but here are the reasons why I started with it.

The Pirate uniform is easily accessible to everyone.
Peppa pig and Peg + Cat do Pirates, and so does every children's show.
It's easier than any other fantasy.

Any why should it be Pirate Kung Fu?

Cheung Bo Jai was a famous Hong Kong Pirate. That's right. Cheung.
In fact that was my Dad's nickname.
Plus he did White Crane.

Plus it's a way for me to blend my two cultures into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment