Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Ollie Ollie Osprey

In the Condo upstairs an Osprey has found a perch on their deck. Gong Gong kept talking about another unit where an Osprey moved in and the mess etc. I think it's cool to have a semi- pet that is a protected Hawk. All you have to do is look at it. They feed themselves, and I'm sure you could just start a garden out there and use the poop for fertilizer problem solved. Grace like to open up the window covering and look for her little bird friend. I guess it's kind of like Harry Potter' owl. She started calling it Ollie because when she told me to call the bird I called out "Ollie Ollie Ospen Free" A quick google search tells me the real phrase is Oxen free and to tell the truth I never used that or heard it much. The sing song phrase must have been in the back of my mind from Dennis the Menace re-runs on tv. Well this has become one of our indoor activities. Pretty cool when you think about it. Close up view of an Osprey, who is getting a close up view of you. We tried to do this with a bird feeder in Boston just to get less interesting birds to come feed. Here they dive and kill a fish and bring it to you. Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment