Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Cloth balls

I've been making balls out of tied up shirts. First it was for sort of a punching bag/ball thingy on a string that I was going to hang up in the house or possibly bring to my Kung Fu classes. But a) I didn't wan the shirts to get all dirty even though I could throw these shirts away and b) it was more difficult for my kids to punch them then I thought it would be. They tend to grab it and pull on it instead, which even if the ball and string are strong enough for, what can I hang it on that will be that strong. And I couldn't see how this would work with a group.

Then Last night Noah wanted to play soccer with them. Or that was my suggestion anyway. He ended up asking me to keep making balls. We ended up with six and he actually placed them around himself like some sort of witch craft protection and then clonked out. He really liked them. He asked me how much we could sell them for. I don't think we could sell rag balls for much. No that's not true. If someone could sell pet rocks, I'm sure we could sell rag balls if you had the right marketing or made them look cool enough.

Today we tried to play soccer again. And then I tried to get Noah to sort of do hackey sack and then sort of just do Kung Fu to protect himself while I threw the balls at him, and then he could do the same to me. But he was cracking up so hard that the balls didn't even reach me.
We ended up playing a version of real life angry birds with them. They threw them at one plush bowling pin that we managed to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment