Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Neil Gaiman withdrawal.

I finished Neil Gaiman's "Anansi Boys" two days ago. So when my sons were napping and occupied on the computer with PBS kids I had nothing to do. So I went out  midday for a bike ride to the beach. I dipped in the water, not for too long, can't really swim with all those people anyway, and beside I didn't want my bike to get stolen. (Or Gong Gong's bike rather.) So I went back out, and anyway, I think the whole process lowered my immune system because today I am sick.
And actually, as I am writing this, Noah freaked out  (even though he was busy eating breakfast and not using the computer.) because he doesn't want me using the computer.

When I had my novel to read it was all good. But now I am bored as hell. I guess if I were to name a vice, it wouldn't be caffeine or cigarettes or alcohol. It would be escapist novels. Especially Neil Gaiman stuff. Fantasy and myth and all that, in easy modern clever language.
I figured any novel would do, but if I can't get into it, I don't want to bother forcing myself. There is no shortage of books I haven't read out there. Plus money is not an issue when it comes to book. Libraries are common, and free. Time on the other hand is not. If I am going to be distracting myself from boredom, I better be enjoying it and look back at that as time well spent.

So I need another Neil Gaiman book ASAP.

For the sake of me, my kids (who want to use the computer) and just anyone around me in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment