Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Adventuring

Today the family went on a Company Outing to Thompson's island. "What kind of Island?"

Well we pretended we were going to a Pirate Island since that's what Peppa Pig did. This might not be far from the truth actually if you go back far enough in time.

I also just finished reading The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and before that I had read Huckleberry Finn on our trip back from Florida. And all that has me wanting to bring the boys on all sorts of childhood adventuring type things. When can we just go and sail out and camp out on an island but in an unorganized fashion. Actually can you still do that? I'm sure we can do some version of it.

Although Huck and Tom did some pretty dangerous stuff and broke a ton of laws. I'm sure we can come up with something legal and fun and similarly exciting.

But I should probably wait till Jonah is a little bit older.

What we did do at Thompson's Isaldn was bouncy housing and a ton of "baseball" the plastic kind.

That's all Noah wanted to do. Come to think of it we spent like 3 or 4 hours doing that.

I guess we'll have to work that into our daily schedule. The thing is, when we go to a playground and hefind other kids to play with, it's just so much easier for me to try a hands off apporach to parenting. Or I just have to deal with Jonah. And yeah, Jonah can't do the baseball thing. He holds it like a Kendo stick instead and I just think he's not ready for any sort of instruction. He will just get frustrated when his body won't do what you are telling it to do, or what he is trying to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment