Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Instructor Noah

Today for my Kung Fu class at Little Panda I didn't bring any toys. Well I brought a soccer ball that I put in a bag and they kicked and hit that for one drill. But other than that, it was all drills and songs.

I think it helped that I did the horse stance stuff and the kicks while balancing on the fence wall. They seemed to like that. We even did some basics too. The younger kids didn't all take to the stance drill I made up. It was sort of like push hands, in that we touched hands. But our hands didn't move. Instead we shifted forward in dan been ma for ten steps and then back. The little kids did it one at a time. But the great thing was that once I did it with the bigger kids, Noah was ready to demonstrate with me. So today he actually helped instruct. Hurray!

I also noticed him doing all the Kung Fu moves quite clearly and the lion dance moves were especially clear as well.

Jonah had some trouble but he was doing some good moves too, but demanded more attention and did the moves afterwards.

Actually Jonah is not the only child that demands more of my attention in the class. There are other kids that are more demanding and cling to me more too. I guess that's just how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment