Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Flip flop Kung Fu in the woods

Today the kids did not want to go to the playground, they wanted to stay in the house. But I couldn't take it anymore. So I went for a walk in the woods with my water and my little back pack. I did some Kung Fu while I was walking, but people kept passing by and with flip flops I couldn't go for a Kung Fu "run".

I walked to a little spot, where we bury our "Dragon's Blood" actually and there is a bridge and a large stone I can rest my water and other stuff on.

There is a little cross roads there and people did occasionally pass by, but I allowed myself to really get into my Kung Fu. My goal at first was to just keep moving. Maybe for 45 minutes. Whatever, a Cardio type of thing, but not necessarily jumping all around. Again I was wearing flip flops, and not necessarily going real hard like I was fighting.

But when I am not distracted by my caring for my children or talking, I really was able to go to a different level. I even did forms, but in a relaxed sort of way with less variation in stance, because of being on a rocky path and wearing flip flops. To get some jumping into it I did do Tiger jumps and kicks, but no continuous hopping or anything that could break my foot wear or allow the broken glass to sneak up into my sandals and cut me.

People saw and passed and watched. Some even pass by closely. So I wasn't threatening, but I did make Kung Fu sounds, Yogic Kung Fu sounds that reverberated inside my body and erupted into my fist. I relaxed and let the chi flow more evenly and through my hips. I struck and pushed with trees and went through the techniques of the forms, studying them, playing with them creating with them. I reached a point where I wasn't exhausted, but I didn't want to push it. I was relaxed, I was feeling good, and lets face it. I do not work out like this every day.

I walked back and found that I had only been gone about 30 minutes total. 30 minutes for a full immersion in my meditative Kung Fu world where I really cleared my mind and played through animal techniques and the spirit of that animal and felt the blood and chi flow through my body.

30 minutes iincluding the leisurely walk there and back and the drinking of water and then all of that in flip flops. Why don't I do this everyday? I guess even at the playground, I do not have a full 30 minutes of time to myself. Or without the trees covering up some of the peripheral vision and providing shade and also providing a little space for me to do dangerous moves (dangerous to children who come to close that is) I can't get to the same mental level.

Maybe tomorrow I will try to go to the woods with the kids first and try to do this everyday. Try to get the kids to do this everyday, and then do our little regimen at the playground . The Kung Fu sprints and all that.

It could work right?

No comments:

Post a Comment