Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Snowy days in April

For some reason over the winter I had no problem practicing outside. But today I did. Part of it was the cold, part of it was that I ate a heavy breakfast. I think I will have to start delaying my breakfast to after practices again otherwise I will get into my old rut of not practicing.

Instead I took time today to meditate a lot of free style in internal mediation movements with various objects for weapons. Sticks I really had picked up for Noah, but are actually more useful to me as improvised weapons than the long sticks I usually practice with. I think I was inspired by some friends that told me I should start expressing myself in my Kung Fu more me.


I will say this though, whenever you work out in the house it is not as intense. And I guess I could force myself to freestyle outside for an hour an that would be a work out, but the simple truth is that I usually don't. I think I'll start rotating that freestyle in to my practice... and perhaps I should allow Noah more free style time instead of being so rigid with forcing him to do forms and all.

Today I will be teaching my children's class.  Shall we spend a lot of time playing outside? Will they want to play in the snow? Or will they want to get inside? I suspect my student will not be wearing snow pants... and I think despite the fun that snow does offer, that my children have indeed had enough of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment