Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Is it easier said than done?

You know I know all these parenting tricks from online, from Daniel Tiger's neighborhood.. points, the good tantrum game.. whatever But  in the I often forget them. It's a lot like how you might do Kung Fu but then what do you do in a real fight?

Well It means I need to practice these parenting tricks more often...we haven't done the tantrum game in a while, and we haven't been doing a whole hell of a lot of Kung Fu. Mainly because Noah keeps saying he hates it. So I will only make him do One form or so. Maybe two.

Actually that is a good idea. Maybe we should put together a schedule. Which day he will do what form.. because in the end, his freestyle play, which he does on his own is equivalent to do basics over and over, except that it is technically better and more realistic than forms or basics.

I totally forgot about my lion dance class on Wednesday... but to be fair the ground was wet and the usuals who normally attend it were gone because of the cold weather.

But next Wednesday, barring rain I will be back out there. And I will be trying to sneak my Kung Fu in to the games that children play. Maybe it means I will have to just play with them.. get on their level, and do what they are doing and sneak the Kung Fu in.

That means I will completely have to change who I am. I will be a playmate instead of a parent, which is mentally exhausting, but perhaps something I need to practice.

Maybe the problem is this whole time I was trying to do it the way I was taught instead of learning a new way.


No comments:

Post a Comment