Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, April 4, 2016

11.22.63 Finale (spoiler alert)

Having watched the whole series you feel like you learn the same lesson that you often figure out in one show... but it is a different effect when you are brought through the entire journey. In fact, even though Jake was unable to effect anything in the end... having gone through the journey, that is something.

Grace thought, "Why didn't he just go and get with that girl? And why didn't he ask her, "so what do you think about clothespins?"

I think the point is, that you shouldn't regret so much about the past and say "what if" going back.

But what you an do is use the knowledge from that journey to move forward. Jake was noyt able to live out a romantic life with Sadie, but he was able to have those experiences with her in another life, and then meet up with her in her old age. And that is something.

There is some idea in there too that just because something didn't happen, that it doesn't mean that there isn't some remnant of that in our world. This is especially brought out when Jake and Sadie keep running into the people who they either killed or caused to die on the way to save Kennedy.

Grace and I were arguing about this and she said, "Why did something happen to you like that?"

I don't know why she said that but I did bring up that when I was a small child, and my father had already passed, I saw someone, just like him, at a Supermarket in Chinatown. He came in walked around. Looked at me and then left.


My mother told me we were leaving and then on the street she said, "Did you see that man that looked just like Baba?"

"Yes."

"Okay I didn't want to say anything, who did you think it was do you think it was him? You don't have to ask me you can think whatever you want.."

And basically she had thought it was him too but didn't want to influence what I thought.

Of course scientifically this makes no sense. Or rationally I should say because perhaps there is a weird Scientific explanation what with quantum  physics... or maybe we just had some trick of the mind illusion. The point is, I think a lot of people have these experiences, whatever the explanation.. usually a deja vu like mind trick... but the fact that we as humans have these sensations, that influences our story telling and our world view.

So I'm sure those weird parts where they see people who aren't supposed to be there resonated with a lot of audience members.

No comments:

Post a Comment