Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sticking things in your ear

Grace was looking in Noah's ear last night and suddenly I hear, "Ehhh! Did you stick something in you ear? It looks like one of those googly eyes!."
You know, the googly eyes that you use for arts and crafts at school.
"No! Stop talking about it!" Noah said. and when asked why he did such a thing just kept screaming, "I don't know!"
My heart sank because I knew right away that he must have stuck something in his ear at school.... because when I was around four years old, I also stuck something in my ear. With me it was a food pellet for a guinea pig. My mother couldn't get it out so I had to go to South Cove. They couldn't pull it out because it kept crumbling and so they eventually had to use a drill and then wash it out, At first int tickled, and then later it was quite painful. They had to hold me down because I though I really tried to stay still, it was difficult to do so.

But Grace has the tools already for taking things out of your ear so we did one attempt. But Unlike me, Noah will not help us in this matter at all. In fact I suspect he stuck that thing in his problem ear because it was itching or because he wanted to end Grace's nightly explorations by solving the problem himself, with a googly eye.
But he didn't understand at all that while ear wax can be treated over time, with oil and flushing with water, that he had really gotten himself into some trouble now with a plastic googly eye that has no business in one's ear.
"Can't we just do a little bit everyday?" he asked parroting my protests at Grace's previous over zealousness with the ear wax.
No.
After much attempting at reasoning, and Grace's belief that she could indeed get it, I held him down, legs clamping his arms like some strange MMA jujitsu hold, holding his head to my chest, gently but firmly in a loving embrace a la Fedor Emelianenko, and Grace went for it, but it was no good.

So today whenever the Health Center opens, I will have to call them and see if they can do something about this Father-son foreign object in ear curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment