Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Grace's Martial Arts dream

Grace asked me the other night if I ever dreamed about the children. I of course do and told her a couple of my dreams. She paused and then said that she usually dreams about work, even though she wants to dream about the children. Then after some more conversation she revealed her dream from the previous night.

Someone from work had taken them all out to dinner, but then kept leaving in the middle of dinner. And then everyone found out later that he kept leaving to go home to his apartment to do Muay Thai with dead people.

"What do you mean dead people?" I asked after laughing out loud. I should mention that the entire time she was talking to me, I was doing Kung Fu. Because I hadn't done Kung fU yet that day and I try to fit in some sort of work out everyday, even if it is a half assed Kung Fuing in the house while Grace is talking to me and while I simultaneously have to do other things. Because something is better than nothing.

She then blamed me for her dream.

I don't do Muay Thai. And I don't do Muay Thai with dead people. And I am not someone from work. I told her this. And I told her that technically, everyone in her dream is a version of herself. Furthermore, she hardly ever sees me do Kung Fu because she is either at work or downstairs with Jonah, or looking at her You tube videos.

"Yes I do. I see you doing Kung Fu all the time or I hear it. And I must be thinking how can someone keep sparring by themselves so they must be doing it with dead people."

Anyway. That's my story for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment