Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Noah's stick form

I took the kids to shoot bows and arrows. Their arrows were fine, in that they didn't really work. But mine worked a little better than expected so I quickly unstrung my bow. In the winter it would be cool because you can shoot right into the hill and see where it is. But in the spring there is too many weeds and poison Ivy plus a lot more people walking by. Not a good idea.
In any event when we got back to the house I was telling all this to the neighbor, who was serious about Karate in his youth, and while we were talking Noah grabbed the arrow and started doing stick forms with it. My neighbor commented that all the foot work was correct and everything had intent. Well almost everything. There were some parts where he tried to do something fancy that maybe he saw in a video or something. That stuff looked off. But HIS stuff looked great.

I talked about how if I tried to teach him a form, forget it, but he could naturally do this stick form of on his own. So long as he had a light enough stick.




No comments:

Post a Comment