Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Outing

Luckily for us, Grace's idea of a special Mother's Day Breakfast is for her to make it for us and then watch us eat it. I'm not making it up. That's what she likes.
After that the plan was to go to Faneueil  Hall and walk around and eat lunch there. We did that. We also went to Body Worlds. I think it was worth it because even if we didn't spend that long in there and it was expensive, from my experience I believe it is possible for a short experience like that to make an imprint on Noah or Jonah's memory. I.e.  they may become Doctors because of that money. Maybe.

Plus it was Grace wanted to do and Mother's day was the name of the day.

I remembered one time walking around Faneueil Hall as a child and I was "being bad" or whatever and my mom actually took me into the middle of the crowd and started shouting, "Child for sale! Who wants to buy this Child." I pulled away and ran off into the crowd. It took her a couple minutes to get me. She said she couldn't believe I would do that. But when she said she was going to sell me, I believed her. Why wouldn't I?

I started telling this story to Grace because Noah and Jonah were starting to "be bad." This are is an incredibly easy neighborhood to misbehave, especially if you are following a woman around. I have been here with my kids before but we go around all the shopping. I'm not going to buy anything so I don't even look or give the kids the opportunity to want to buy something and not have the opportunity. However, women love to shop and then not buy anything.

There were a few toys that Noah and Jonah wanted and I realized that Jamaica Plain is almost a completely different society than these touristy places. Noah started playing with the display shouting, "Share! Share! Share!"

Basically anytime Noah usually sees a toy, it is at the tot lot or some other playground or station at the Wake Up the Earth Parade where he is allowed to play and possibly keep whatever is there.

Moving into this tourist commercial area was difficult and even foreign.

At some point way passed their lunch  they were melting down hard. Grace even tried to carry Jonah on her shoulders for a while so I could carry Noah. I told her she had to take off her earrings. And actually Grace did carry Jonah for a while.
"Look at me." She said. "Look what I can do."
Of course she should be able to do this given the fact that she used to carry adult women in Lion Dance lifts. But for some reason she had never attempted to do so with either child. But then after a while she had to stop and somehow we got home and took naps. It was nice but when it is not Mother's Day, there is a lot to be said for JP's local playgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment