Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Chinatown adventure

Today we did a lion dance for the ground breaking for an affordable housing unit at Oxford square. Mayor Marty Walsh was a speaker and all the important people of Chinatown were there. My kids were dressed up in their little Lion Dance outfits. And I kind of felt like I was in a children's story book, where the protagonist goes to Chinatown, sees this sees that, does a lion dance, goes to dim sum, all in one day. Heck all in a couple of hours. I even touched base with somebody who knew my father and knew me and we sort of nodded to each other in the past, but the connection of whose son I was was never made. All this while the kids are jumping off the walls and then doing lion dance and then Jonah at one point was trying to fall asleep in my arms.

Mayor Walsh came up to receive the lettuce. I have to say again, that he is just a very like-able person. He makes you feel like you actually know him, even though he is the Mayor. I guess that's called Charisma.
But it's that sort of humble charisma that really gets you on his side. I guess you need that to be Mayor.

Yo-Yo Ma is actually like that too. And he's not even in politics. I guess some people have this quality and some people don't.

Well after all that, and Jonah trying to fall asleep while riding on my shoulders back to JP, he tried to rile himself up again at home. We watched some Peppa Pig and then we also watched Ben and Holly, which is a similar show I guess. The Nanny sounds like Ms. Rabbit. And finally, out he went.

His birthday is coming up. Plans are in the making. Not sure what direction we are going to take it yet. Jonah is sort of a private person I think, when it comes to parties.

And yes Noah's ear still has a googly eye in it. That will be tomorrow's adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment